- Tyner v. Edge, 052220 GACA, A20A0265
- Purnell v. State, 052220 GACA, A20A0526
- Bailey v. State, 052120 GACA, A20A0151
- Alston & Bird, LLP v. Hatcher Management Holdings, LLC, 052120 GACA, A20A0217
- Hughley v. State, 052120 GACA, A20A0402
- CL SNF, LLC v. Fountain, 051920 GACA, A20A0773
- Cuffie v. Armstrong, 051920 GACA, A20A0072
- Brooks v. Hayden, 051820 GACA, A20A0564
- MacMillan v. State, 051820 GACA, A20A1491
- Mathenia v. Brumbelow, 051820 GASC, S19G0426
- 806 S.E.2d 505 (Ga. 2017), S17A0738, Olevik v. State
This case calls for the Georgia Supreme Court to decide whether Georgia’s state constitutional protection prohibited law enforcement from compelling a person suspected of DUI to blow their deep lung air into a breathalyzer. “A nearly unbroken line of precedent dating back to 1879 leads us to...
- 820 S.E.2d 312 (Ga.App. 2018), A18A0869, Swint v. Alphonse
- Keller v. State, 042020 GASC, S20A0006
- 820 S.E.2d 640 (Ga. 2018), S18P0915, Willis v. State
- 820 S.E.2d 50 (Ga. 2018), S18A0784, Gramiak v. Beasley
- Frisby v. State, 082018 GASC, S18A0777
Appellant Christopher Frisby appealed a trial court’s order denying his motion for an out-of-time appeal of his 1995 convictions based on guilty pleas to malice murder and other crimes related to the stabbing death of Karen Benning and the attempted murder of Carrie Missinne. After review of the...
- 820 S.E.2d 1 (Ga. 2018), S18G0585, State v. Almanza
- 819 S.E.2d 468 (Ga. 2018), S18A0936, Kirby v. State
- 14 Ga. 185 (Ga. 1853), 28, Bryan v. Walton
- 801 S.E.2d 867 (Ga. 2017), S17A0196, Lathrop v. Deal
The constitutional doctrine of sovereign immunity forbids Georgia courts to entertain a lawsuit against the State without its consent. This case began in 2012, not long after the adoption of House Bill 954, which concerned medical procedures for the termination of pregnancies. Eva Lathrop, Carrie...