- Parker v. State, 012420 GACA, A19A2312
- Torres v. State, 012320 GACA, A19A1989
- Hunt v. Callahan, 012320 GACA, A19A2153
- Spikes v. State, 012120 GACA, A19A1706
- Mitchell v. Capehart, 012120 GACA, A19A2139
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority v. Buho, 012120 GACA, A19A2396
- Hunter v. Progressive Mountain Insurance Company, 011720 GACA, A19A2074
- Collins v. State, 011720 GACA, A19A2216
- Denson v. State, 011720 GACA, A19A2307
- Kinslow v. State, 011720 GACA, A19A2460
- 786 S.E.2d 633 (Ga. 2016), S15G1610, Olds v. State
- 806 S.E.2d 505 (Ga. 2017), S17A0738, Olevik v. State
This case calls for the Georgia Supreme Court to decide whether Georgia’s state constitutional protection prohibited law enforcement from compelling a person suspected of DUI to blow their deep lung air into a breathalyzer. “A nearly unbroken line of precedent dating back to 1879 leads us to...
- 807 S.E.2d 899 (Ga. 2017), S17A0935, Thompson v. State
A jury found appellant Eric Thompson guilty of two counts of malice murder in connection with the deaths of Andre Geddis and Melody Keller. On appeal, Thompson contended the trial court erred by admitting certain evidence, including character evidence and hearsay evidence, and denying his motion...
- 818 S.E.2d 552 (Ga. 2018), S18A0703, State v. Herrera-Bustamante
- Elliott v. State, 021819 GASC, S18A1204
- 806 S.E.2d 493 (Ga. 2017), S17A0767, Patton v. Vanterpool
In January 2014, after approximately three years of marriage, Appellant David Patton filed a complaint for divorce against Appellee Jocelyn Vanterpool, M.D. During the pendency of the divorce, the parties consented to Appellee undergoing in-vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment, which would...
- Atkins v. State, 082018 GASC, S17G1996
The Court of Appeals affirmed Jerome Atkins’s convictions for statutory rape and aggravated child molestation. Thereafter, the Georgia Supreme Court granted certiorari and posed the following two questions: (1) whether a victim’s prior statements can constitute sufficient corroboration under OCGA...
- Frisby v. State, 082018 GASC, S18A0777
Appellant Christopher Frisby appealed a trial court’s order denying his motion for an out-of-time appeal of his 1995 convictions based on guilty pleas to malice murder and other crimes related to the stabbing death of Karen Benning and the attempted murder of Carrie Missinne. After review of the...
- 292 S.E.2d 389 (Ga. 1982), 38480, Harper v. State
- 34 S.E. 217 (Ga. 1899), Union Sav. Bank & Trust Co. v. Dottenheim