- Liu v. Onaka, 061319 HIISC, SCPW-19-0000419
- Grindling v. State, 061319 HIISC, SCWC-16-0000474
- State v. Carlton, 061319 HIICA, CAAP-17-0000419
- State v. Pai, 061319 HIICA, CAAP-19-0000206
- In re Bci Coca-Cola Bottling company of Los Angeles, Inc., 061019 HIISC, SCWC-14-0001135
- JF v. LR, 061019 HIISC, SCWC-15-0000886
- State v. Kapalski, 061019 HIICA, CAAP-17-0000130
- Price v. Coulson, 061019 HIICA, CAAP-17-0000609
- Kapolei Marketplace, LLC v. J1S Inc., 061019 HIICA, CAAP-18-0000310
- Rapozo v. State, 061019 HIICA, CAAP-18-0000832
- 426 P.3d 387 (Hawaii 2018), SCWC-15-0000841, Birano v. State
- Kalaeloa Ventures, LLC v. City and County of Honolulu, 072718 HIISC, SCAP-17-0000482
The Supreme Court held that the tax court erred in determining that the timeliness of an appeal of real property tax assessments was determined by county ordinance and not state law. Appellant filed a notice of appeal to the tax court for each of fourteen parcels challenging the City Council of...
- Flores v. Board of Land and Natural Resources, 080818 HIISC, SCAP-17-0000059
The Supreme Court held that the Board of Land and Natural Resources (BLNR) was not required to hold a contested case hearing prior to consenting to a sublease that the University of Hawai’i intended to enter into with TMT International Observatory LLC for the construction of a thirty meter...
- 9 P.3d 409 (Hawai'i 2000), 21309, In re Water Use Permit Applications
- In re Kuamoo, 062818 HIISC, SCWC-13-0001579
At issue was whether an unwritten policy of the Department of Public Safety precluding from promotion to supervisory positions all employees who have been suspended for violation of the Department’s standards of conduct in the prior two years violates aspects of the merit principle on which the...
- Nakamoto v. Kawauchi, 050818 HIISC, SCWC-13-0004947
Employees may bring defamation and false light claims against their employer because the Workers’ Compensation Law’s (WCL) bar on claims for injuries incurred in the course of employment does not extend to injuries to a person’s reputation. Petitioners, employees of the County of Hawaii, brought...
- 141 P.3d 974 (Hawai'i 2006), 26870, State v. Nichols
- 164 P.3d 696 (Hawai'i 2007), 25344, Hawaii Ventures, LLC v. Otaka, Inc.
- 361 P.3d 1161 (Hawai'i 2015), SCWC-10-0000199, Schwartz v. State
- 162 P.3d 696 (Hawai'i 2007), 26178, Kaho'ohanohano v. State