- S.O. v. J.R., 061319 MACA, 18-P-1236
- Dougall v. Gutman, 061319 MACA, 18-P-432
- Ryan v. City of Everett, 061319 MACA, 18-P-888
- Commonwealth v. Hardy, 061219 MASC, SJC-12637
- Commonwealth v. Steed, 061119 MACA, 18-P-172
- Commonwealth v. Santana, 061119 MACA, 18-P-1358
- Economou v. Wood, 061119 MACA, 18-P-1412
- Commonwealth v. Valentin, 061119 MACA, 18-P-154
- Wahlstrom v. JPA IV Management Co., Inc., 061019 MACA, 17-P-1524
- Gerante v. 202 Sports Complex, LLC, 061019 MACA, 18-P-1269
- 477 Mass. 141 (2017), SJC-12141, Blanchard v. Steward Carney Hospital, Inc.
The Supreme Judicial Court took this opportunity to augment the framework set forth in Duracraft v. Holmes Products Corp., 427 Mass. 156 (1998), regarding anti-SLAPP suits. Plaintiffs, nine registered nurses who previously worked in a hospital's adolescent psychiatric unit, fired the hospital and...
- 1A Auto, Inc. v. Director of Office of Campaign And Political Finance, 090618 MASC, SJC-12413
- Ciani v. MacGrath, 010819 MASC, SJC-12531
- 476 Mass. 451 (2017), SJC-12055, Commonwealth v. Thomas
A grand jury returned indictments against Defendant on various charges, including three counts of armed assault with intent to murder and murder in the second degree. Defendant moved to suppress the identification of him by an eyewitness, Brianna Johnson, and also moved to suppress Johnson’s...
- New England Power Generators Association, Inc. v. Department of Environmental Protection, 090418 MASC, SJC-12477
- Commonwealth v. Gomez, 081018 MASC, SJC-12437
- Correa v. Schoeck, 060718 MASC, SJC-12409
- Anderson v. Attorney General, 061818 MASC, SJC-12422
Initiative Petition 15-17 should not have been certified by the Attorney General as “in proper form for submission to the people” because the petition did not contain only subjects “which are related or which are mutually dependent” pursuant to article 48 of the Amendments to the Massachusetts...
- 415 Mass. 545 (1993), McDuffy v. Secretary of Executive Office of Educ.
- Commonwealth v. Ruiz, 101118 MASC, SJC-12404