- State v. Lopez-Ramos, 061219 MNSC, A17-0609
- Svihel Vegetable Farm, Inc. v. Department of Employment and Economic Development, 061219 MNSC, A17-1250
- Central Housing Associates, LP v. Olson, 061219 MNSC, A17-1286
- State v. Branch, 061019 MNCA, A18-1055
- Fletcher Properties, Inc. v. City of Minneapolis, 061019 MNCA, A18-1271
- State v. Lewis, 061019 MNCA, A16-0774
- State v. Mouchka, 061019 MNCA, A18-0898
- Adebayo v. State, 061019 MNCA, A18-0940
- State v. Jones, 061019 MNCA, A18-0958
- State v. Donner, 061019 MNCA, A18-1054
- 842 N.W.2d 433 (Minn. 2014), A12-0071, State v. Nelson
- Laymon v. Minnesota Premier Properties, LLC, 062018 MNSC, A17-0162
The Supreme Court affirmed the decision of the court of appeals interpreting Minn. Rev. Stat. 524.3-101 to allow real property to devolve immediately upon a testator’s death to a residual devisee. Plaintiff, in her capacity as personal representative to her father’s estate, sued Defendants to...
- Kremer v. Kremer, 053018 MNSC, A15-2006
The common law governs provisions of an antenuptial agreement that do not fall within the safe harbor of Minn. Stat. 519.11(1), and the multifactor Kinney test is the common-law test applicable to antenuptial agreements. See In re Estate of Kinney, 733 N.W.2d 118 (Minn. 2007). Wife petitioned for ...
- Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy, LLC v. Commissioner of Revenue, 081518 MNSC, A17-1991
The Supreme Court held that Minnesota’s Legend Drug Tax, Minn. Stat. 295.52(4), applies to a non-resident pharmacy’s delivery of prescription drugs to Minnesota-based patients and doctors and that such application does not violate the Due Process Clause or Commerce Clause of the United States...
- Lapenotiere v. State, 080118 MNSC, A17-0456
The Supreme Court held that a “school zone,” as defined by Minn. Stat. 152.01(14)(a), includes the entire area of a city block that is situated kitty-corner to school property when the land surrounding the school property is organized in a city-block system. Appellant was convicted of second-degre...
- Christie v. Estate of Christie, 051618 MNSC, A16-1244
The clear-and-convincing standard applies when determining the existence of an oral contract for the conveyance of farmland when only money damages are sought for the claimed breach of that contract. Plaintiff argued that the Estates of his parents were obligated under an oral contract for the...
- Faricy Law Firm, P.A. v. API, Inc. Asbestos Settlement Trust, 060618 MNSC, A16-1539
At issue was the proper method for calculating the quantum meruit value of an attorney’s services when a client terminates the contingent-fee agreement before a matter concludes. Respondent retained Appellant-law firm under a contingent-fee agreement to assist with asbestos litigation. Two months...
- Cruz-Guzman v. State, 072518 MNSC, A16-1265
The Supreme Court held that separation-of-powers principles do not prevent the judiciary from ruling on whether the Legislature has violated its duty under the Education Clause of the Minnesota Constitution or violated the Equal Protection or Due Process Clauses of the Minnesota Constitution. Appel...
- 684 N.W.2d 404 (Minn. 2004), C3-02-1605, Ray v. Miller Meester Advertising, Inc.
- In re Petition for Disciplinary Action Against Eichhorn-Hicks, 072518 MNSC, A17-1039