Office of Disciplinary Counsel v. Clark, 111716 PASCDC, 2315-3
|Docket Nº:||2315 Disciplinary 3|
|Opinion Judge:||PER CURIAM|
|Party Name:||OFFICE OF DISCIPLINARY COUNSEL, Petitioner v. Megan McCarthy Clark Respondent No. 132 DB2016|
|Case Date:||November 17, 2016|
|Court:||Court of Judicial Discipline of Pennsylvania|
Attorney Registration No. 312765 (Out of State)
AND NOW, this 17th day of November, 2016, upon consideration of the Recommendation of the Three-Member Panel of the Disciplinary Board, the Joint Petition in Support of Discipline on Consent is granted. Respondent Megan McCarthy Clark is suspended on consent from the Bar of this Commonwealth for a period of six months and she shall comply with all the provisions of Pa.R.D.E. 217.
BEFORE THE DISCIPLINARY BOARD OF THE SUPREME COURT OF PENNSYLVANIA
OFFICE OF DISCIPLINARY COUNSEL, Petitioner
MEGAN McCARTHY CLARK, Respondent
No. 132 DB 2016
Board File No. C2-16-552
Attorney Reg. No. 312765 (Out of State)
JOINT PETITION IN SUPPORT OF DISCIPLINE ON CONSENT PURSUANT TO Pa.R.D.E. 215(d)
Petitioner, the Office of Disciplinary Counsel (hereinafter, "ODC") by Paul J. Killion, Chief Disciplinary Counsel, and Barbara Brigham Denys, Disciplinary Counsel, and Respondent, Megan McCarthy Clark (hereinafter "Respondent") respectfully petition the Disciplinary Board in support of discipline on consent, pursuant to Pennsylvania Rule of Disciplinary Enforcement ("Pa.R.D.E.") 215(d), and in support thereof state:
1. ODC, whose principal office is situated at Pennsylvania Judicial Center, 601 Commonwealth Avenue, Suite 2700, P.O. Box 624 85, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17106, is invested, pursuant to Pa.R.D.E. 2 07, with the power and duty to investigate all matters involving alleged misconduct of an attorney admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and to prosecute all disciplinary proceedings brought in accordance with the various provisions of the aforesaid Enforcement Rules.
2. Respondent, Megan McCarthy Clark, was born on March 29, 1985, and was admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania on February 7, 2012.
3. Respondent has never been admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or in any other jurisdiction, including the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
4. On July 1, 2012, Respondent was placed on voluntary inactive status, and has continued from that date to the present to register annually with Attorney Registration for voluntary inactive status and pay the annual inactive fee.
5. Respondent is subject to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
SPECIFIC FACTUAL AND LEGAL ADMISSIONS
6. From in or about July 2011, to November 2013, Respondent was employed by JumpTap, Inc. ("Jumptap") as Assistant IP Counsel. In that position, Respondent worked from a JumpTap office located in Boston, Massachusetts.
7. In November 2013, Millennial Media, Inc. ("Millennial Media") acquired JumpTap.
8. From November 2013, to October 2015, Respondent was employed by Millennial Media as Assistant Counsel, and continued to work out of the Boston location where she had worked as Assistant IP Counsel for JumpTap.
9. In October 2015, AOL Inc. ("AOL") acquired Millennial Media.
10. From October 2015, to January 2 016, Respondent was employed by AOL as Corporate Counsel on a contract basis. In that position, Respondent worked remotely from her...
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP