Creation of Task Force On Uniform Representation of Children and Parents, 072219 OKSC, 2019 OK 53
|Docket Nº:||2019 OK 53|
|Party Name:||CREATION OF THE TASK FORCE ON THE UNIFORM REPRESENTATION OF CHILDREN AND PARENTS IN CASES INVOLVING ABUSE AND NEGLECT; AND THE APPOINTMENT OF MEMBERS THERETO|
|Judge Panel:||Gurich, C.J., Darby, V.C.J., Winchester, Edmondson, Colbert and Combs, JJ., concur. Kauger, J., not voting.|
|Case Date:||July 22, 2019|
|Court:||Supreme Court of Oklahoma|
THIS OPINION HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED FOR PUBLICATION. UNTIL RELEASED, IT IS SUBJECT TO REVISION OR WITHDRAWAL.
¶1 The Supreme Court of Oklahoma, pursuant to its general administrative authority, Okla. Const. Art. 7 §6, and in order to more fully implement SCAD-2014-06, hereby establishes the Task Force on the Uniform Representation of Children and Parents in Cases Involving Abuse and Neglect. The Task Force is charged with determining models of legal representation conducted pursuant to the Oklahoma Children's Code, to assess training, compensation, practice standards and make recommendations on the development of rules and procedures, to address uniform compensation and evaluation processes, training requirements, and improving appellate advocacy, as well as other related issues in order to protect the rights of children and parents and improve outcomes.
¶2 In order to carry out this assignment, the Task Force shall have twelve (12) members as follows:
The Honorable Michael C. Flanagan, Associate District Judge Cotton County, to serve as Chair.
1. The Honorable Robert A. Ravitz, Chief Public Defender of Oklahoma County
2. The Honorable Corbin C. Brewster, Chief Public Defender of Tulsa County
3. Ronald Baze, Oklahoma Department of Human Services General Counsel
4. Donna Glandon, Attorney, Lawton, OK
5. The Honorable Rebecca Gore, Associate District Judge, Mayes County
6. Lisa Bohannon, Attorney, Pryor, OK
7. Mark Morrison, Attorney, Durant, OK
8. Holly Iker, Attorney, Norman, OK.
9. Tsinena Thompson, Chairperson, OBA Juvenile Law Section
10. Michael Figgins, Executive Director, Legal Aid of Oklahoma
11. Gwendolyn Clegg, Attorney, Tulsa
12. Timothy R. Beebe, Attorney, Enid
1. Sharon Hsieh...
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP