- Doe v. Superior Court (Southwestern Community College District), 061319 CAAPP4-1, D075331
- People v. Caro, 061319 CASC, S106274
- Murphy v. James A. Nelson, Co., Inc., 061319 CAAPP1, A151774
- City and County of San Francisco v. Kihagi, 061319 CAAPP1, A152933
- People v. Xaysana, 061319 CAAPP1, A153852
- People v. Malone, 061319 CAAPP1, A154471
- In re Jamaul M., 061319 CAAPP1, A154577
- People v. Davenport, 061319 CAAPP1, A155476
- People v. Vargas, 061319 CAAPP2, B283501
- People v. Martinez, 061319 CAAPP2, B284282
- 49 Cal.4th 35, S121552, Martinez v. Combs
- 52 Cal.4th 769, S076582, People v. Blacksher
- 61 Cal.4th 1293, S093803, People v. Seumanu
After a jury trial, Defendant was convicted of first degree murder. Defendant was sentenced to death for the murder. While this appeal was pending, the United States District Court for the Central District of California issued its opinion in Jones v. Chappell, which held that systemic delays in...
- Hassell v. Bird, 070218 CASC, S235968
At issue was the validity of a court order entered upon default judgment in a defamation case, insofar as it directed Yelp Inc. to remove certain consumer reviews posted on its website. Plaintiffs brought the underlying lawsuit alleging that certain consumer reviews posted on Yelp were libelous....
- 4 Cal.5th 903, S222732, Dynamex Operations West, Inc. v. Superior Court (Charles Lee)
At issue was what standard applies in determining whether workers should be classified as employees or as independent contract for purposes of California wage orders. Two drivers filed this purported class action alleging that Dynamex Operations West, Inc. had misclassified its delivery drivers as ...
- 47 Cal.4th 850, S054774, People v. Taylor
- 46 Cal.4th 969, S155965, Arias v. Superior Court (Angelo Dairy)
- 61 Cal.4th 18, S112442, People v. Smith
- Jameson v. Desta, 070518 CASC, S230899
As applied to in forma pauperis litigants who are entitled to a waiver of official court reporter fees, the San Diego Superior Court’s general policy of not providing official court reporters in most civil trials while permitting privately retained court reporters for parties who can afford to pay...
- 51 Cal.3d 120, S006987, Moore v. Regents of University of California