- State v. Newton, 060719 IWSC, 16-1525
- State v. Christensen, 060719 IWSC, 17-0085
- Hawkins v. Grinnell Regional Medical Center, 060719 IWSC, 17-1892
- State v. Minifee, 060519 IWCA, 17-1661
- Anderson v. Anderson Tooling, Inc., 053119 IWSC, 15-1766
- Milas v. Society Insurance, 053119 IWSC, 16-2148
- Puntenney v. Iowa Utilities Board, 053119 IWSC, 17-0423
- Williams v. State, 053119 IWSC, 17-0431
- Sauser v. State, 053119 IWSC, 17-0807
- State v. Lilly, 052419 IWSC, 17-1901
- State v. Watkins, 062918 IWSC, 17-0183
The conduct of an attorney who was removed by order of the district court from his elected position as Van Buren County Attorney, while deserving of disapproval, did not rise to the level of misconduct that would warrant the “drastic” remedy of a court order removing an elected official from office....
- In re Marriage of Erpelding, 030218 IWSC, 16-1419
A premarital agreement waiver of attorney fees related to child or spousal support adversely affects the right to such support and, therefore, is unenforceable under Iowa Code 596.5(2). Here, Wife and Husband executed a premarital agreement waiving the right to seek an award of attorney fees in...
- 737 N.W.2d 97 (Iowa 2007), 05-1765, In re Marriage of Fennelly and Breckenfelder
- Walnut Creek Townhome Association v. Depositors Insurance Co., 060118 IWSC, 16-0121
Appraisers may determine the factual cause of damage to insured property to ascertain the amount of the loss, but coverage questions are to be resolved by the court. In the instant case, the district court rejected an insurance appraisal award for hail damage to roofing shingles. The property...
- 429 N.W.2d 558 (Iowa 1988), 87-816, Springer v. Weeks and Leo Co., Inc.
- 163 N.W. 608 (Iowa 1917), 30186, Anfenson v. Banks
- 907 N.W.2d 124 (Iowa 2018), 16-0900, State v. Coleman
The Supreme Court affirmed Defendant’s conviction for failure to comply with the sex offender registry but vacated the district court sentence, which included sentencing enhancements, and remanded for further sentencing proceedings. The court held (1) despite the legislature’s ambiguous language in ...
- 897 N.W.2d 522 (Iowa 2017), 15-0328, Brakke v. Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- 851 N.W.2d 474 (Iowa 2014), 12-1150, State v. Short
- 865 N.W.2d 545 (Iowa 2015), 13-1960, State v. Seats